Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Chickpea "noodle" soup


Chickpea noodle soup--I found this from Monica's blog while browsing for some squash recipes the other day. I had a spaghetti squash sitting in my refrigerator just begging to be eaten up, so I decided on this recipe for dinner last night. I almost used the squash to sub for my zucchini in my usual zucchini, pizza sauce, and chicken meatball combination (which I have been living on for far too long now), but I resisted! =) I need to learn how to shake things up with my recipes because otherwise I'll end up like my lastest post...with my face buried in the fridge or freezer or pantry. =O. I tweaked the recipe a little bit. I cooked the squash in the micro and scooped out the insides with a fork to make the "noodles". I placed 1c. of the squash noodles in a bowl, poured in 1c. of chicken stock, 1/4c. of chickpeas, about an 1/8th of a tsp of garlic, and salt and pepper. I didn't have any carrots, celery, or onion on hand (which I'm sure would have MADE the soup), so I ended up pairing the soup with a tossed salad. I drizzled some dijon mustard over some spinach, cucumbers, and mushrooms and called it a meal. =) Overall it was good, but I think next time I'll have to add something to the soup to liven it up a bit.

Are there any recipes that you make on a weekly or make that daily basis (if you're like me)?

No comments:

Post a Comment