Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

testing testing 1..2...3...


Still trying to familiarize myself with blogspot & get the hang of things! I still think facebook is more user friendly, but I prefer the blogspot b/c this way I can upload all of my pretty food pictures and not appear the least bit odd =P. Today for lunch I wanted another veggie burger. Ever since my run in with the delicious boca burger at Buffalo Wild Wings I've been determined to find a homemade recipe that tastes even better. I'd have to say that today's recipe, even though it tasted nothing like the boca burger, may just be that burger I've been looking for...(haven't quite decided yet! =))

Clocking in at only 166 calories (with my tortilla circles substituting for mini burger buns) it definitely has my approval. I adapted this recipe from  www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1552/goats-cheese-herb-and-lemon-patties , but did some tweaking of my own!



      +RECIPE:
1/4c. garbanzo beans 55 cals
.3 oz onion 4 cals
1/8 tsp lemon juice 0 cals
1/2 tsp parmesan cheese 5 cals
1/8 tsp parsley 0 cals
.2 oz goat cheese 14 cals
1 egg white 17 cals
.4oz carrots 5 cals
1/4c. spinach 2 cals
1/8 tsp kosher salt 0 cals
1 tsp flax 12 cals


Step #1: Combine mashed garbanzo beans, chopped onion, parmesan cheese, goat cheese, and spices all together.

 


Step #2: Mix in egg white, carrots, spinach, flax, and then mold into three mini veggie patties


Step #3: Spray down a skillet with non-stick cooking spray and heat them up and flip when they start to brown.


Step #4 and 5: Marvel at your work and create your own mini tortilla buns by using a store-bought tortilla and a small cup to cut into circles!



Step #6: Spread whatever condiments you wish on your burger (I chose mustard) and enjoy!



I paired my mini veggie burgers with two small mushrooms, each filled with 1/2 T of cottage cheese and 1/2 T of salsa, and a gala apple (they're my favorite! :))


What are your favorite side dishes to go with hamburgers or veggie burgers?
I'd love to hear from you so leave some comments =)

Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment