Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Major changes underway

I'm too skinny. I've had numerous wakeup calls within the past couple of weeks: pictures I've seen of myself, people commenting on my overly skinny physique, not being able to fill out size zero pants at my new job, wearing layers over layers because I'm cold ALL THE TIME, not being able to "roll like a ball" in yoga class because it hurts, and lastly the number reflected on the SCALE. Embarassingly enough I've taken this healthy eating too far and now I weigh in at 99.1 pounds.

On a positive note I've had nothing but wonderful experiences in the kitchen today. This deserves a HUGE pat on the back and maybe 5, 6, or 7 gold stars ;). For all of the ones who don't know me...I'm slightly challenged when it comes to everything related to cooking and baking. I'm a prepackaged, low calorie kind of gal that is recently trying to learn how to change my ways and learn the following: patience, cooking/baking, and trying new recipes! =)


For Lunch: whipped up a veggie burger (2 mini patties to be exact) and sandwiched each part in a La tortilla wrap! I put my sweet tooth to rest with a 1/4 c. of strawberries, 1 tsp agave nectar, and 1/4 c. of fage greek yogurt.


 +RECIPE: .4 ounces onion 5 cals
.8 ounces carrots 9 cals
1/4 c. spinach 2 cals
1/4 c. garbanzo beans 55 cals
1 egg white 17 cals
 .2 ounces dutch crisp bread 23 cals
1/2 tsp olive oil 20 cals
wrap 50 cals

TOTAL: 181 cals

Combine egg white, garbanzo beans, and a little bit of salt in a food processor until it looks like the consistency of hummus. Next, mix in chopped of veggies and crisp bread and allow a couple of minutes for the mixture to set. After the mixture has had time to set heat the olive oil in a skillet and form two veggie patties, placing on the skillet when ready. Let each side cook for8-9 minutes. Serve in a La tortilla wrap.


+RECIPE: 1/4 c. fage greek yogurt
1/2 tsp agave nectar 10 cals
1/4 c. strawberries 13 cals

TOTAL: 53 cals


For Snack: Decided I'd give baking another shot and tweaked a pumpkin muffin recipe I found online. It actually turned out! I was pleased with my 107 calorie muffin! =)




+RECIPE: 1/4 c. flour 120 cals
1/2 c. instant quaker oats processed in food processor 150 cals
1/2 c. pumpkin 40 cals
2 T natural applesauce 14 cals
1 egg 80 cals
1/2 c. grated carrots 23 cals
1/4 tsp salt 0 cals
1/2 tsp cinnamon 3 cals
1 tsp baking powder 2 cals
1/2 tsp baking soda 0 cals
1/4 c. maple syrup 210 cals

TOTAL: 642 cals
serves 6 for 107 cals a piece

Put 1/2 c. of oats into a food processor until it looks like four. Combine the "oat flour" with 1/4 c. whole wheat flour , baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in one bowl. In a different bowl mix pumpkin, applesauce, egg, carrots (after being grated), and maple syrup. Now mix the flour mixture in with the wet ingredients. Use Pam nonstick spray and coat the muffin tin of 6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 20 minutes or until done? I don't know how long I baked mine b/c my oven was acting up on me, but they turned out just fine. Be sure to keep an eye on them and they will turn out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment