Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

After my weekly trip to Costco, I had my mom stop at Meijer so we could stock up on a few of my favorites that Costco doesn't carry (i.e. cauliflower, quick oats, pizza sauce, etc). I said a little prayer before I walked over towards the produce section and to my surprise I found....
wait for it....
...

...

...

...

...



ZUCCHINI! =) Meijer hasn't had it for close to four weeks now, and I've been missing it terribly! Because they were in stock I decided to celebrate once I got home. What do you think I had for dinner tonight??? I'll give ya a little hint...it starts with "spa" and ends with "ghetti". YUP--that's right I made beautiful noodles out of zucchini, with my vegetable peeler ofcourse, and topped it off with pizza sauce and some chicken meatballs. Unlike pictured below, I didn't mix any broccoli in like I typically do to add more greens into my diet, but it sure was YUM!

I also tried some coffee today while at Costco...the 100% colombia blend, Kirkland brand to be exact. Paired with my orange trident gum, it tasted strangely good. Sounds like an odd combo, but I thoroughly enjoyed the sample and went back for seconds. =) I don't drink coffee, but after today's sampling I think I may just start. It was delicious and I always need something to get me moving in the morning (my coke zero). What is your favorite brand of coffee?

6 comments:

  1. Hey I am glad you found my blog so I could find yours, cant wait to follow your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Costco really needs to start carrying cauliflower---I eat it by the heads! Glad to hear Meijer had zucchini again; zucchini noodles are perfect for the warmer weather that comes with spring.

    Have a lovely day!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zucchini is so versatile. I love it, too. Can be baked, eaten raw, sweet, salty, savory whatever!

    CostCo is dangerous for me... I usually can't get out of there without spending well over $100. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool, I have always wanted to make noodles from Zucchini.
    I'm so glad I just stumbled across your blog. I know how tough the journey you're on is and I'm so so so proud of you for moving towards health. Stay strong!
    I'll be reading
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I thought I was the only one who couldn't find zucchini lately! I live off the stuff and all of a sudden a month or two ago, all the grocery stores went zuch free - or, if they had it, the price was close to $4 a pound - Craziness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO DO I!!!! It's one of the only ways I meet my "greens" intake..so I was devastated when they didn't have any available!

    ReplyDelete